Excel Skills for Accountants - Part 1 (Basic)
Monday, March 20, 2023
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
Many accounting professionals are unaware of Excel’s many features and functions they can implement to improve the accuracy and efficiency of their spreadsheets. In this comprehensive webinar, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares applicable Excel fundamentals that will enable accounting professionals to achieve their goals.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
What You Will Learn:
- Avoiding creating spreadsheets from scratch: use prebuilt templates or create your own
- Avoiding the need to write repetitive formulas using Excel’s Data Table feature
- Comparing the AGGREGATE function in Excel 2010 and later to the SUBTOTAL function available in all versions of Excel
- Eliminating the need to manually resize charts when data is added—automate this with tables instead
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify
- Improving the integrity of pivot tables by utilizing the Table feature in Excel
- Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function
- Learning how the Table feature empowers you to improve the integrity of Excel spreadsheets
- Learning what steps to take if you can’t open a damaged workbook
- Leveraging Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar to create a shortcut that enables you to filter lists with a keystroke instead of multiple mouse actions
Who Should Attend?
Professionals seeking to use Microsoft Excel more effectively.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David's mantra is "Either you work Excel, or it works you", so he focuses on what he sees users don't, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by OnCourse Learning (Total Training Solutions)
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Malia Widder, (614) 610-1877.
|Registration Options (Member/Non-Member Pricing)
Live + 1 Month on Demand ($279/$420) – Attend the live event and receive 1 month of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Live + 12 Months on Demand ($389/$585) – Attend the live event and receive 12 months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Live + 12 Months on Demand + Digital Download ($419/$630) – Attend the live event and receive 12 months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. Also receive a digital download of the webinar recording.
Additional Live Attendee ($75/$115) – Registering another banker from a different location for live access.