Anti-Money Laundering Act: Update & Lessons Learned
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
11:00 am – 12:30 pm Eastern
Learn how to evaluate your institution's compliance with the AML Act provisions already in place and plan for those coming down the pike. This session will address the impact on policies, risk assessments, monitoring procedures, and training programs, as well as provide tools and examples to successfully navigate the changes.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the purpose of the AML Act and its impact on your BSA program
- Incorporate the eight AML/CFT priorities into your BSA/AML risk assessment and red flag monitoring programs
- Explain FinCEN’s 2022 final rule to implement beneficial ownership information reporting
- Understand FinCEN’s frameworks to facilitate information sharing among financial institutions and their service providers, regulators, law enforcement, and others
- Detail how virtual currency is considered in regulatory definitions and red flags you should know
- Prepare for changes being proposed to CTR and SAR reporting, including to thresholds and required fields
- Use the information and tools provided to inform your management and board of current and future changes
It’s been three years since the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 (AML Act) became effective. While there have been a number of notices, advisories, reports, and rulemakings, there are many key components, which may result in additional regulation. Passage of the AML Act has already set in motion a number of issues that will impact your risk-based BSA program and potentially change recordkeeping and reporting requirements. From risk assessments to beneficial ownership to CTRs and SARs – you need to be prepared for changes big and small.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, security officers, and anyone responsible for managing your BSA/AML program.
- AML Act implementation plan
- Sample BSA/AML risk assessment updated for the AML Act
- Beneficial ownership final rule fact sheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Financial Education & Development
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Events Coordinator, Malia Widder, (614) 610-1877.
|Registration Options (Member/Non-Member Pricing)
|Live Webinar ($265/$400) – The live webinar option allows you to have unlimited connections within your institution to virtually attend the Live Webinar. The session includes question and answer sessions, handout and take-away toolkit, and the presenters contact information for follow-up, will all be emailed to you the morning of the live webinar.
On-Demand Webinar + Free Digital Download ($295/$450) – Can’t attend the live webinar? This option provides a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address for follow-up questions. You will receive an email with the recorded webinar link, which can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 2 business days after the live webinar. You will also receive instruction on how to download a free digital copy of the webinar to your PC, which you may keep and use indefinitely.
Both Live Webinar & On-Demand Webinar + Free Digital Download ($395/$600) – Includes Live Webinar and Recorded Webinar options above.