Writing Effective Business Reports
Friday, February 15, 2019
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Eastern
Writing across multiple industries and disciplines in an ever-evolving marketplace demands efficient techniques for reporting to a wide audience with contrasting concerns. Business reporting requirements vary based on several factors:
- Industry culture – Technical industries usually require an in-depth attention to history, methodology, and options, while sales-oriented businesses focus on results-based details.
- Business purpose – Descriptive reports require facts, analytical reports extend from facts to judgments, and persuasive reports stretch beyond judgments to recommendations.
- Audience concerns – Many departments within a company might have interests in reports specific to their discipline, including Accounting, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Production, Risk Management, Sales, and Security, among others.
- Archival considerations – Reporters need to reflect not only on the business situation but historical and legacy issues; as emerging projects develop, old models become frameworks for newer ones.
What You Will Learn:
This webinar offers a deep toolbox for writing a broad range of comprehensive business reports through a fluid process that ensure clarity and conciseness. Using the ESP method—Efficiency, Sufficiency, and Proficiency—you will achieve the following outcomes:
- Apply a disciplined approach to various report-writing situations
- Create report templates for a broad range of topics
- Develop a full range of work-related reports efficiently
- Draft reports efficiently and painlessly
- Revise cohesively to support the purpose of the report
- Edit skillfully with clarity, conciseness, and correctness
- Proofread for high-quality messages
Who Should Attend?
This webinar addresses the reporting concerns of business leaders, department managers, team supervisors, HR consultants, or individual contributor. You will want to attend this webinar if you write a broad range of business reports or are transitioning into a reporting-intensive discipline.
Philip Vassallo, Ed.D., has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs for more than 25,000 executive, managerial, supervisory, administrative, and technical professionals internationally over the past three decades. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing. He has edited major reports for Fortune 500 companies, the US government, and the City of New York. He also writes the popular blog Words on the Line, which offers practical tips for developing writers. Dr. Vassallo has taught internationally, recently as a faculty member of the Beijing International MBA program.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Total Training Solutions
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone, (614) 610-1877.
|Live On-Demand Link: Live,On Demand playback, and CD-ROM plus hard copy Handouts.
Live Webinar: Register for the live event and get five days access to the On Demand Playback. You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions during the presentation and be free to review the content for the next 5 (business) days Registration also includes links to presenter materials, handouts, and pdfs.
Additional Hookups: Registering another banker from a different location
On-Demand Link & "Free" CD-ROM: Both live webinar & recorded webinar + free digital download