Understanding HSA (Health Savings Accounts) and Medicare
Thursday, September 17, 2020
2:00 – 3:320 pm (Eastern Time)
Many of today’s retired—or soon-to-be retired—individuals are approaching age 65 and their first interaction with Medicare. When someone enrolls in Medicare, this can be very complex for determining if someone is still eligible to contribute to an HSA.
- HSA contribution eligibility
- Medicare basics
- When Medicare enrollment occurs
- How Medicare affects an HSA
- Medical expenses in retirement
- How financial organizations can help
This timely and critical retirement webinar provides financial services professionals with answers to questions such as:
- What an HSA (Health Savings Account) is and who is eligible
- Medicare eligibility vs enrollment
- The 4 Parts of Medicare and what is covered
- What Medicare Automatic Enrollment is and when it takes place
- How Medicare Initial Enrollment occurs and how the enrollment period works
- Special vs General enrollment
- What happens to your HSA after enrollment
- Impacts to HSA contributions as well as one's spouse
- Managing out-of-pocket medical costs in retirement
- How their financial institution plays a role in this process.
It is so important to your customers that ALL frontline and operations staff fully understand and can explain these lifelines to your customers.
Gain an understanding of all parts of Medicare, how Medicare can affect HSAs, and how an HSA can be used to pay different parts of Medicare during retirement.
Ascensus helps more than 8 million Americans save for retirement, college, and healthcare with premier service and technology. With more than 35 years of experience, the firm offers tailored solutions that meet the needs of asset managers, banks, credit unions, state governments, financial professionals, employers, and individuals.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by BankersHUB
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
|Webinar and Playback*
*Playback has no expiration.