Excel Explained: Pivot Tables 101
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, focuses on the basics of using Excel pivot tables in this comprehensive presentation. Pivot tables empower you to easily create reports from complex data, simply by using your mouse. David explains how to initiate a pivot table from a list of data, expand and collapse pivot table elements, dig deeper into the numbers with the Report Filter command, and much more. As is the case with many features in Excel, pivot tables have nuances that can trip you up, so David points out traps and teaches you tricks to help ensure your reports are always accurate.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don't change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Identifying the ideal data for analysis with Excel’s PivotTable feature.
- Creating a pivot table to transform lists of data into on-screen reports.
- Distinguishing the differences among pivot table-related menus in Excel 2013 and later versus older versions of Excel.
- Adding rows to a blank pivot table to create instant reports.
- Repositioning or removing subtotals within pivot tables.
- Exploring the nuances of formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Avoiding the dreaded PivotTable Field Name Already Exists error prompt.
- Filtering pivot tables to show fewer columns and/or rows of data.
- Presenting the largest or smallest values in chart form by way of a Top 10 pivot chart.
- Unlocking additional filtering capabilities in pivot tables by knowing where to position one's cursor to re-enable the Filter command.
- Utilizing the Tabular Format command to display pivot table data in two or more columns instead of a single column in Compact Form.
- Resetting all filters at once within a pivot table by way of the Clear Filters command.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who may benefit from learning how to use Excel pivot tables to create accurate reports.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Total Training Solutions
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
Live Plus Five – Attend the live event and receive five business days of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Live Plus Five (Additional Hookup) – Registering another banker from a different location for Live Plus Five.
OnDemand Recording – Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
CD-ROM – Receive the webinar recording on a CD-ROM 7-10 business days after the Live event or your registration date (whichever is the latter). Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
Live Plus Six – Attend the live event and receive six months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Premier Package – Includes all three base options. Live attendance, OnDemand Playback for six months, and the CD-ROM.