IRA Update - Information and Clarification
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Eastern
Most everyone would agree that seeing the ball drop on New Year's Eve ending the 2020 "crazy year" is a great thing. But what does it mean in the IRA World? At the end of 2019 the SECURE Act was signed into law and made effective 12 days later on January 1, 2020. Just when we were finally getting the details on all the new changes, COVID struck. In March, the CARES Act was signed into law giving IRA owners and beneficiaries relief from required distributions and the ability to access IRA funds penalty-free for COVID-Related Distributions (CRD). The bonus is these funds can be repaid within 3 years and the taxes paid on the original amount can be refunded. As you can see, this fact-filled 2 hour Webinar is an annual necessity to keep you up-to-date.
- What are the major provisions of the SECURE Act effecting IRAs?
- Does the CARES Act provide temporary or permanent changes?
- 2020 RMDs returned to IRAs - rollover or repayment?
- Who is eligible for a CRD and how are the distributions and re-contributions reported to the IRS?
- What are the IRA Cost of Living Adjustments for 2021?
- What are the 3 classifications of beneficiaries for payout options when the IRA owner died beginning in 2020?
- Will the new Life Expectancy Tables take effect in 2021?
- How to we recalculate a nonspouse beneficiary's single life expectancy using the new tables?
- How do the new SECURE Act changes affect trusts as beneficiaries?
- Which beneficiaries can still do a Single Life Expectancy and which ones must default to the 10-year payout option?
Who Should Attend?
If you have any involvement in answering IRA questions, operations or procedures, you should never miss this annual update.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 35 years in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and is currently providing live training and Webinars on IRAs and Health Savings Accounts on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Total Training Solutions
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
Live Plus Five – Attend the live event and receive five business days of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Live Plus Five (Additional Hookup) – Registering another banker from a different location for Live Plus Five.
OnDemand Recording – Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
CD-ROM – Receive the webinar recording on a CD-ROM 7-10 business days after the Live event or your registration date (whichever is the latter). Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
Live Plus Six – Attend the live event and receive six months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Premier Package – Includes all three base options. Live attendance, OnDemand Playback for six months, and the CD-ROM.