Bank Secrecy Act School
February 13, 2019
Registration is $375 for CBAO members and $565 for non-members.
"Money Laundering is a sophisticated crime and we must be equally sophisticated."
Our BSA school will get behind the minds of the criminals using the financial system to launder money, commit fraud, evade taxes, fund terrorism and finance unspeakable crimes.
We will be joined by two individuals from the Department of Homeland Security to discuss crytocurrency at the school.
BSA Topics Include:
- Creating and maintaining a sound BSA/AML Infrastructure
- Incorporating Marijuana Banking into your BSA/AML Program
- Assessing Risk in Your Customer Base: Effective Risk Rating of Consumer and Business Customers
- Cryptocurrency: What it is, what it means from a risk standpoint, what you need to monitor and what you need to report.
- Human Trafficking Indicators...this is NOT a Big City Issue
- Preparing for your Exam: Common Audit and Exam Issues and Critical Pre-Exam Measures
- BSA Policy Checklist
- Privately Owned ATM Guidance
- Privately Owned ATM Due Diligence
- Sample BSA Policy
- Sample BSA Risk Assessment
- Sample Banking Marijuana Policy
- FinCEN Cyber Security Guidance
Your registration fee covers your participation in the school, including breakfast and lunch, as well as all materials provided for the event. You will receive a handbook at each forum, comprised of PowerPoint slides, narratives, tools and reference materials related to the topics covered. You will also receive all materials and tools electronically.
Meet the BSA School Facilitators:
Angela Lucas is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Sterling Compliance, LLC, an independent compliance and risk management consulting firm based out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Prior to launching Sterling Compliance, Angela was an examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, specializing in consumer compliance and commercial credit. Several years and examinations later, Angela expanded her skill set within the Investment Advisory Monitoring and Testing Group at Federated Investors, Inc., focusing on compliance testing and advisory services as a critical link between trading floor portfolio managers and the compliance function.
Lisa began her career as a Loan Review Specialist at a multi-bank holding company in Northwestern PA, after graduating from Youngstown State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance in 1991. In 2000 she accepted a position with a community bank in northwestern PA to help develop a more formalized commercial credit culture. As Vice President and Director of Credit Administration, she managed a team of credit analysts, loan operations and collections
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone , (614) 610-1877.