Credit Risk Discipline Tools-14 Tools for Credit Management
Credit Risk Discipline Tools - Implementing 14 Tools for Credit Risk Management
Thursday, May 6, 2021
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
The market and the regulatory community pay close attention to a financial organization’s credit culture because a strong credit culture is critical to the success of credit risk management.
Successful credit risk management relies on a strong credit culture to support and execute strategies and policies. 14 credit discipline tools help management to implement, maintain, and ensure that credit risk and the credit culture stay on track. These tools offer an expedient way to test the quality of credit risk management but also serve as techniques for remediating and improving credit culture and credit risk management.
Join Dev Strischek as he offers a credit discipline tool checklist and explains how each of the tools works.
- 4 types of credit cultures and optimal credit cultures
- Elements of credit risk management
- Regulatory expectations for credit culture and credit risk management
- Role of credit discipline tools in building and maintaining credit culture and credit risk management
- Written credit policy
- Risk-driven credit analysis
- Uniform credit packages
- Experienced underwriting
- Informed decision-making
- Proper loan approval—minimal credit policy exceptions
- Valid, granular risk rating system
- Reliable closing and booking—minimal loan documentation exceptions
- Loan performance monitoring and reporting
- Independent loan review and audit functions
- Adequate loan loss reserve
- Professional problem asset management
- Credit lending and training
Who Should Attend:
- Credit managers
- Credit Risk Managers
- Credit approval officers
- Risk Managers
- Enterprise Risk Managers
- Chief Credit Officers
- Senior Lenders
- Senior Lending Officer
- Bank Director
- Chief Executive Officer
- Bank President
- Board Chairman
Devon Risk Advisory Group / Principal
As the Principal for Devon Risk Advisory Group, Dev Strischek brings years of senior experience in financial services to his clients around the areas of risk policy, risk culture, and portfolio risk management. Dev also serves as a Member of the Private Company Council for FASB. Prior to those roles, Dev served for 18 years at SunTrust Bank, retiring as their Sr Vice President and Senior Credit Policy Officer for the bank. Dev is a frequent industry speaker on many aspects associated with credit risk and compliance, as well as loan policy best practices. He has also authored many industry trade articles on principles and practices, problems and issues relevant to risks that financial organizations must manage.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by BankersHUB
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
| Registration (Member/Non-Member Pricing)
Webinar and Playback* ($295/$445)
*Playback has no expiration.
Additional Hookup - Registering another banker from a different location ($185/$225)