Creating the Right Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program for YOUR Community Bank
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern
Are you creating your first ERM Program for your bank? Do you want to ensure your current program is complete yet keep it simple? If yes to either question, this ERM webinar is for you! Risk Management is at the heart of banking and every bank has to have processes, policies, and procedures in place in order to assess and manage the risks on their balance sheet. Marci shares the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into the bank’s Strategic Plan.
Having built an ERM program for a community bank from scratch, Marci describes the various components of a strong ERM program. In this Risk Management Webinar, you will learn how to put your program together using all the parts you already have in your bank. Marci shares how you can make the process fun and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting the bank’s assets while fulfilling your bank’s vision.
- ERM general background and key definitions
- Identifying the specific building blocks/components of a simple yet complete ERM Program covering the three key areas of ERM:
- Identifying and Assessing Risk
- Mitigating and Eliminating Risk
- Monitoring and Reporting Risk
- Creating an ERM Committee Charter
- Choosing the right ERM Committee members
- Integrating the ERM Program into your Strategic Plan
- Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – Description of Process
- Implementing your ERM Program
- Keeping the process fun while complying with regulations and protecting your bank—consistently in every area!
Who Should Attend?
Bank Compliance, Executive C-Suite, Regulatory Compliance, Risk and Fraud, Risk Management and Assessment
Marci Malzahn , President and Founder, Malzahn Strategic
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas. Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by BankersHUB
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone, (614) 610-1877
|Live Webinar: Register for the live event and get five days access to the On Demand Playback. You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions during the presentation and be free to review the content for the next 5 (business) days Registration also includes links to presenter materials, handouts, and pdfs.
Additional Hookups: Registering another banker from a different location