CRE Appraisals: Regulations and the Review Process
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
This session will cover the key issues from the December 2010 Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, the October 2018 Frequently Asked Questions on the Appraisal Regulations and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, tips for integrating them into your existing policies, and how CRE appraisals differ from residential reports.
- Overview of guidelines and issues critical to CRE appraisals
- The five minimum standards and what they really mean, as derived from the original 14 points in the Financial Institutions Reform and Recovery Act of
- 1989 (FIRREA) Title XI that govern how banks order and use appraisals
- What is FIRREA? (and other regulatory guidelines still in place)
- Yes, you can use appraisals prepared for other banks
- Types of reviews, as suggested by the guidelines
- Administrative/compliance review plus a sample checklist
- Technical/internal review plus a sample checklist
- Outside/third party review plus sample comments
- Ideas for setting dollar limits
- Why your bank should create an appraisal/CRE properties database
- What about evaluations?
- Not just for loans below the dollar thresholds
- New (as of 2010) evaluator independence guideline
- Appraisal review outcomes and when to request revisions
Who Should Attend?
CRE lenders, commercial lenders, credit analysts, portfolio managers, community bankers, mortgage lenders, private bankers, small business lenders, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers, credit officers and CRE support personnel.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for 25 years, designing and delivering courses specializing in commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate (CRE) and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills, and director training.
Richard is based in Huntsville, AL and has owned/operated Advantage Consulting & Training for 13 years, after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit, plus president through formation and acquisition of a community bank. He has BS and MBA degrees from the University of Alabama.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Total Training Solutions
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
Live Plus Five – Attend the live event and receive five business days of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
OnDemand Recording – Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
CD-ROM – Receive the webinar recording on a CD-ROM 7-10 business days after the Live event or your registration date (whichever is the latter). Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
Live Plus Six – Attend the live event and receive six months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Premier Package – Includes all three base options. Live attendance, OnDemand Playback for six months, and the CD-ROM.