BSA Training 2020: Effective Strategies for Compliance
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Even mature BSA/AML programs struggle to keep pace with today’s challenges. As criminals find increasingly more inventive ways to launder money and commit other financial crimes, banks are expected to adapt quickly in identifying and minimizing fraud. the risks.
This BSA Bank Secrecy Act webinar focuses on providing specifics insights and tactics to beef up your BSA/AML program to meet the challenges coming our way. Join this carefully curated training session to gain insight into the tactics, strategies and tools available to prepare your organization for 2020 challenges.
Attendees to this banking webinar will learn:
- Tips for developing a strategy to monitor, manage and control risk
- Three key requirements for a robust BSA program
- How to Update BSA strategies to align with growth strategies
- Account activity historical review “lookbacks”
- Proper methods of data collection and assessment
- Suspicious activity analysis and SAR narratives
- Understanding risk trending through KPR and KRI metrics
- Alert Clearing
- BSA/AML Risk Assessment
- Developing appropriate risk management processes
- High Risk customer due diligence
- Common pitfalls for SAR reporting
- Proactive measures to limit money-laundering crime risk exposure
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance.
Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by BankersHUB
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Event Coordinator, Patti Webb, (614) 610-1877.
|$249 for Webinar and Playback*
*Playback has no expiration.