TRID Amendments 2020
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
We’re a few years into the TRID rule implementation, and we also have the “TRID 2.0” rules from the CFPB. Also the Dodd-Frank reform bill signed into law in May of 2018 mandated some further revisions. How are things going for you? You’ve probably run into many of the same issues many of your peers are, and you likely have many of the same questions. Hopefully it comforts you to know you’re not alone! TRID also is top of the list of common violations and problems. The TRID 2.0 changes were meant to correct some outstanding issues with the regulation and make compliance easier. However, they’re very detailed.
This webinar is intended to review and discuss many of the major issues lenders are facing with TRID, including the most recent updates and some continued unresolved questions and how to deal with them. As well, there are many pain points in both the new loan process and disclosures that we’ll review in order to formulate some best practices. We’ll talk specifics about the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure, as well as some of the frequent violations discovered so far.
- Most recent amendments to the regulation: TRID 2.0
- Dodd-Frank reform provisions – what will they do? What can we expect?
- Criticality of meeting the timing and delivery requirements of the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure
- Ensuring your application process is sound
- Issues around the content of the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure – specific line items and questions
- Variations/tolerance issues – what is the “fee tolerance baseline”? When we can issue a revised LE (and/or CD?) How and when should we remediate?
- Documenting changed circumstances – perhaps the most important thing you can do
- Changes before closing – is a new waiting period required?
- Pre-disclosure requirements – collecting fees and obtaining “intent to proceed”
- Pre-qualifications and preapprovals (are there such things anymore?)
- Keeping straight the business day differences and the mailing rule
- When to rely on automation vs. when not to
- Proving your good faith efforts to comply
- And much more
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the institution having responsibilities in the consumer mortgage environment, including loan officers, processors, clerks, closing agents, and so forth. Also compliance officers and counsel will benefit from the information provided in this webinar.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Total Training Solutions
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone, (614) 610-1877.
Live Plus Five – Attend the live event and receive five business days of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
OnDemand Recording – Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
CD-ROM – Receive the webinar recording on a CD-ROM 7-10 business days after the Live event or your registration date (whichever is the latter). Receive unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback for 6 months and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts. This option does not include live session attendance.
Live Plus Six – Attend the live event and receive six months of unlimited access to the OnDemand Playback and links to presenter materials and supplementary handouts.
Premier Package – Includes all three base options. Live attendance, OnDemand Playback for six months, and the CD-ROM.