2020 Marketing Forum
February 25, 2020, June 23, 2020 and October 27, 2020
Registration for all three sessions is $1,200 for CBAO members.
CBAO is excited to announce the launch of our Marketing Directors Forum to help bank marketers get a handle on the challenges and learn from their peers about trends and strategies to set your bank apart from the crowd. The Forum provides a platform and opportunity for Marketing and Retail staff to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems and discuss important issues with peers. The Forum is facilitated by a former community bank marketer who served the industry for 15 years (most of it in the marketing and technology areas of the bank), so there will be tons of learning opportunities from not just your peers, but from what's happening in the industry and big-picture that you can take back to implement.
Benefits of the Forum:
- Improve your effectiveness in Marketing
- Discuss current industry challenges with others in marketing
- Form lasting relationships with other marketing professionals
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
- Hear from experts in the industry on products, services, regulatory changes and best practices.
How the Forum Works:
- The Forum will meet three times during the year
- Several topics will be discussed at each session; current, relevant, and the hottest topics submitted by the participants...
- Facilitated discussion with supplemental documents and reference documents provided to enhance discussion
- Guest presentations from Industry experts
- A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
Possible Forum Topics:
- Social media strategies and managing compliance
- Online advertising and search visibility
- Blogging and content creation strategies
- EMV debit card conversions
- Cross-media brand management
- Low-cost deposit acquisition
- Onboarding programs for new customers
- Reboarding existing customers – retention and relationship growth
- Elimination of free checking or replacement with fee-based account option
- Strategies to implement marketing automation technologies to build relationships
- Creating customer personas to help refine your target market efforts
- And much more!
Eric Cook has been a part of the WSI network since 2007. He made the jump to a new career after spending 15 years in the banking industry. During his time as a banker he enjoyed working on strategic technology initiatives and thinking “outside of the box”. The ways consumers search, validate and select a service partner today has shifted. The power is now in the hands of the customer, not in your business and unless you understand what this means, you’re at risk of quickly becoming obsolete. Eric speaks about connecting the dots between “what’s possible” and “what makes good business sense” and has had the opportunity to speak across the country. With over 15 years of real-world business experience as a community banker, Eric’s approach is based on solid business strategy, and his speaking engagement-style challenges the audience to get comfortable with thinking outside the box, but with a bit of humor tossed in for good measure. Eric has been a National Speakers Association Member since 2011 and spends a bit of time “on the road” presenting at events in from coast to coast.
Eric is committed to the “art” of public speaking. He speaks on a variety of topics, including online strategies ranging from Social Media, Digital Strategy, Mobile Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Lead Generation and Conversion, and Blogging.
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (614) 610-1877.