Senior Lender Forum
February 28, 2019, June 13, 2019, August 15, 2018 and October 30, 2019
Registration for all four sessions is $,1250 for CBAO members.
Program Description: Your participation in these quarterly meetings allows you to network with peers to discuss best practices, stay on top of emerging lending issues, and discuss support tools/software and staffing needs. The forums are member-driven – that is, most of the agenda is set by the participants.
Benefits of Participating:
- Improve the profitability of your loan portfolio
- Reduce the risk in your loan portfolio
- Increase your understanding of regulatory issues
- Form lasting relationships with non-competing senior lenders
- Get solutions and practical ideas (what works and what doesn’t) for handling your most pressing concerns
- Grow professionally and personally
How the Forums Work:
- Groups of senior lenders will be based on bank sizes and limited competitive overlap
- Group size will be no more than 15 participants, with limited ability to send substitute participants without CBAO staff or facilitator approval
- Participants will drive the topics and agenda, based on surveys prior to each meeting
- Each meeting will allow time for emerging issues and open discussion
- The facilitator will have substantial lending and management experience, as well as information and updates to provide to participants
- In between quarterly meetings, members can exchange ideas and network
Example Forums Topics:
- Economy, banking and lending trends update from the facilitator, plus anecdotal feedback from customers of the participants
- Options for selling residential mortgages and/or keeping loans in the portfolio
- What works in terms of setting loan agreement covenants
- Way to enhance timely collection of financial statements and other information
- Keys to utilizing support staff
- Enhancing loan participation opportunities
Meet our Senior Lender Forum Facilitator:
Richard has been training bankers for 27 years, designing and delivering courses specializing in commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate (CRE) and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills, and director training. During his banking career, he was active within RMA’s chapter structure and served on several committees at the national level. Richard is a facilitator at Barret School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking at Wisconsin. He has published 20 articles in The RMA Journal.
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone, (614) 610-1877.