May 21, 2019
Registration is $375 for CBAO members and $565 for non-members.
The Deposit Compliance School is designed to walk you through account opening scenarios that you run into every day. From Regulation CC to Red Flags to BSA and all the statutes in between, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of account opening, administration and monitoring.
- Regulation CC, Expedited Funds Availability Act, including the proposed changes for 2020 and the impact on how you place holds
- Regulation D, Transaction Limitations and Eligibility for Specific Accounts
- Regulation DD, Truth-in-Savings Act
- Regulation E, Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Regulation GG. Prohibition on Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act
- Regulation P, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- How the Fair Credit Reporting Act could impact deposit accounts
- Red Flags for Identity Theft: What Should be Monitored, How Often and What Should be in the Risk Assessment?
- CIP, CDD and Beneficial Ownership Questions from Account Opening
- Elder Abuse Focus: Staying Mindful Amid Changing Laws
Your registration fee covers your participation in the school, including breakfast and lunch, as well as all materials provided for the event. You will receive a handbook at each forum, comprised of PowerPoint slides, narratives, tools and reference materials related to the topics covered. You will also receive all materials and tools electronically.
Meet the Facilitators:
Angela Lucas is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Sterling Compliance, LLC, an independent compliance and risk management consulting firm based out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Prior to launching Sterling Compliance, Angela was an examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, specializing in consumer compliance and commercial credit. Several years and examinations later, Angela expanded her skill set within the Investment Advisory Monitoring and Testing Group at Federated Investors, Inc., focusing on compliance testing and advisory services as a critical link between trading floor portfolio managers and the compliance function.
Lisa began her banking career in 1991, spending the first decade in credit risk and managing credit administration. In 2005, she also took on the role of Compliance Officer. She later served as Senior Vice President, Director of Operations.
In early 2012, Lisa entered the consulting arena focusing on regulatory compliance in community banks, providing training, policies, compliance reviews and comprehensive CMS programs. In 2015 Lisa partnered with a long-time friend and colleague to form Sterling Compliance, LLC, furthering the vision they shared for bringing a balanced perspective to clients for practical approaches to regulatory compliance with battle-tested, effective results.
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education & Training Coordinator, Lianne Simeone , (614) 610-1877.